Daytime reading teachers, please help us get the word out to students about voting for this fall's book club selection. When we polled students on their preferred genres last week, they chose travel, fantasy, mystery, and science fiction. Here is the list of books we selected that match their preferred genres.
- A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail - by Bill Bryson (humor, travel)
- A Wrinkle in Time - by Madeleine L'Engle (fantasy, science fiction, young adult)
- And Then There Were None - by Agatha Christie (classic literature, mystery)
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - by J.K. Rowling (general fiction, fantasy, young adult)
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time - by Mark Haddon (general fiction, mystery, young adult)
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (The Chronicles of Narnia) - by C.S. Lewis (classic literature, fantasy, young adult)
- Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail - by Cheryl Strayed (travel)
There is a link to the online survey on our Facebook page; the link can also be found here. We are putting flyers in the mailboxes of teachers at Level 3 and higher for you to bring to class and show to your students - please encourage them to vote for their choice after class.
Thank you for your support in building a culture of reading at TELC - we hope you'll join us this fall!