Felicia shared these suggested readings for teaching writing.
1. Bean, John. Engaging Ideas: The Professor’s Guide to Integrating Writing, Critical Thinking, and Active Learning in the Classroom. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2001
2. Didion, Joan “Why I Write.” New York Times, 1976
3. Elbow, Peter. Writing with Power: Techniques for Mastering the Writing Process.New York: Oxford University Press, 1981.
4. Writers at Work: The Paris Review Interviews. Plimpton, George (ed). Viking: New York, 1992.
5. Zinsser, William. On Writing Well: An Informal Guide to Writing Non-Fiction. New York: HarperCollins, 1994.
Joan Didion image courtesy of Mighty Writers on Flickr.