Thursday, February 24, 2011

TELC on The Learning Network!

Exciting news! Do you know the old standby, the One In 8 Million series at the New York Times site? TELC teachers have long been fans of using the stories on this site, and I've seen many Media Center classes embrace listening to and discussing these stories. (Especially The Sneaker Connoisseur! Students love him.)

I wanted to share our collective experience teaching these stories with the people at The Learning Network, and they decided to feature us. Read it here! Thank you to those teachers who have shared their ideas on how to use this site with me.

If you have not explored the series, I really encourage you to do so. Your colleagues can vouch for how much students love it - despite how challenging it can be - and I'm happy to share ideas for how to present it in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment